Terms and Conditions
ARDFERT COMMUNITY COUNCIL CLUB PRIVATE MEMBERS COMPETITION
1. The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 years. On purchasing a ticket, the purchaser becomes a social member of Ardfert Community Council Club (hereinafter called “the Club”) for the period of 15th day of July 2020 to 17th day of March 2021. The cost of membership in the Club is €100 (hereinafter called “Membership”).
2. The Promoter of this Private Members Club Competition is the Club on behalf of Ardfert Community Council C.L.G., Ardfert Community Centre, Ardfert, County Kerry.
3. The Terms and Conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the Laws of the Republic of Ireland.
4. The Club reserves the right to cancel or amend the draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or any actual or unanticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Club.
5. The purpose of the Competition is to raise funds for the benefit of developing and enhancing the Ardfert Community Council Sports Facility at Farranwilliam, Ardfert, County Kerry. The organisers of the Competition shall not derive any personal profit from the Competition. The Competition is not being conducted for any purpose connected with gaming, wagering or lotteries.
6. The Competition is open to persons who become Members of the Club aged 18 years and over only. Any Memberships purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the Competition. Any such entry entered into the Competition Draw will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn in its place.
7. Membership is open to all natural persons worldwide aged 18 years and older.
8. On purchasing the said Membership the purchaser becomes a Social member of the Ardfert Community Council Club from the period of the date of purchase to the 17th day of March 2021 unless he or she ceases to be a Member pursuant to the Club Rules in advance of that date or such later date as may be decided by the organisers.
9. All Members are at all times for the duration of their Membership subject to the Club Rules. By purchasing Membership each Member thereby agrees to be bound by the Club Rules and the Terms and Conditions herein set out.
10. Members of the Executive Committee appointed to organise and oversee the competition are expressly precluded from purchasing Membership.
11. The Membership entitles each Member to one free entry into the Competition.
12. Only Members who purchase the Membership referred to herein will be entered into the draw.
13. There is no limit on the amount of Memberships which an individual may purchase.
14. There are a maximum number of Memberships available of 10,000.
15. Once purchased, Membership is non-refundable except in circumstances where the Competition is cancelled by the Club. In that event a maximum amount of €90 per Membership purchased will be refunded to Members.
16. Any notice, announcement, information or bulletin in relation to the Competition whether public or otherwise or wheresoever published is only intended to be a notice to the Members of the Club and is not intended to be nor directed to any other persons whatsoever.
17. Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable to the Members for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered by the Members participating in this Competition.
18. Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition shall be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
19. The 1st Prize in this Competition is a 4 Bedroom New House No. 5 Sailin Rea, Park Road, Killarney, County Kerry (hereinafter referred to as “the Property”). The Value of the said property at the time of publishing the Terms and Conditions herein set out is €350,000. The Prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is non- transferrable and vests in the Winner only.
20. The Club reserves the right to add additional prizes to the Competition. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to the Members as soon as practicable once added to the Competition and will also be available at www.winahouseinkillarney.com (“the website”).
21. The Competition Draw will be held at a venue to be confirmed in Ardfert Village on 17th March 2021. A notice will issue on the website and via all usual social media channels three weeks in advance once the location is confirmed.
22. The Club reserves the right to alter or change the date of the Competition Draw Date for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative date will notify the Members as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on the website and other channels.
23. The Winner will be announced within 28 days of the draw by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS.
24. In order to claim the prize, the Winner must contact the Club by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS or in person at the registered office of Ardfert Community Council C.L.G. at The Ardfert Community Centre, Ardfert, County Kerry.
25. The Winner may be subject to verification by the Club and this process may take up to 7 days to complete once the Winner has claimed their prize. The Winner hereby agrees to forward the necessary documentation (copy passport/driver’s licence, PPS number (for residents of Ireland), proof and validation of payment of the ticket to the club and /or their agents to prove their identity and also to ensure the property can be stamped and registered in the winner’s name.
26. If the Winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 21 days of the notification of same the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
27. The Competition will be implemented & conducted by the Club. The Preparation of entries for the final draw and the final draw will be independently observed by Carmel Sheehan Quinn & Company, Accountants. The Club will maintain books and records recording all entries into the competition and all costs relating to the competition. The books and records will be audited by Carmel Sheehan Quinn & Company within 14 days of the draw taking place.
28. The Club’s decision in respect of the Winner and all or any other matters connected with this Competition is final.
29. The Legal Title to the Property will be transferred to the Winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances in favour of the Club as soon as practicable following the Competition Draw.
30. The Winner will be required to appoint his or her own Solicitor to act in the Transfer of the Property.
31. If the Winner does not appoint a Solicitor and take steps within 28 days of claiming the prize to effect the Transfer of the Legal Title to the Property to them and in any event enter in to a Deed of Transfer to so transfer the property within six months from the date of claiming the prize, the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
32. The Winner will be responsible for all or any legal costs in the Transfer of the Property to include the legal fees of their Solicitor, Stamp Duty, Registration expenses and any & all other related outlays or expenses.
33. The Club does not warrant, nor confirm the state and condition of the Property in any way. The Club nor any of its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition shall be in any circumstances liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or expense suffered by the Winner in relation to the state, condition, repair or construction of the Property.
34. The Winner will be responsible for the costs associated with the fit out of the property once completed and does so without any recourse to the Club.
35. The Club reserves the right at all times to amend the Competition and the Terms and Conditions herein set out and in purchasing Membership each Member consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Club further reserves the right to cancel this Competition for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the Competition or these Terms and Conditions will be notified to the Members as soon as practicable in respect thereof.
36. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): (a) The Club will retain and use the Member’s personal data for the duration of Membership and for a reasonable period thereafter. (b) On purchasing Membership each Member agrees to the use of his or her details being used solely in connection with this Competition and their Membership of the Club. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a Third Party without the Member’s consent. (c) The Winner hereby agrees and consents to the use of his or her personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the Competition. (d) The Winner hereby also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the Property to him or her.
37. All disputes, differences and questions of any nature which at any time may arise between a Member, having purchased a ticket, and the organisers of the Club relating the draw, shall be referred to an independent arbitrator to be nominated by the Chairman of the Club to determine the dispute, differences or issues and his decisions shall be final.
38. Errors and Omissions Excepted. The Club its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communications failure, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications, Memberships or otherwise. The Club its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Competition shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations.